Sunday, October 28, 2018

Alcohol Lift Ink - 2 'Amazing' Cards

Hi, everyone!  This week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Adriana aka fl_beachbum....congrats, Adriana!  I loved every page of her gallery, but finally decided on this beautiful card to case....thought it would be a great design for trying out my new Alcohol Lift Ink pad and Yupo paper.  The Yupo paper was inked up with three different alcohol inks; the 'Floral' background stamp from Stampin Up was inked with Lift Ink and stamped onto the inked panel.  Once the image was lifted, it was stamped onto white cardstock while the alcohol panel was lightly buffed to reveal the floral image which had been lifted off.  Each panel was then cut with the ODBD Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies for a finished look.  Instead of using a sentiment strip, I chose to use the 'Amazing' word die (which I won from 'Your Next Stamp' in the DTGD challenges this year!) across the panel.  Due to a slight measurement miscalculation of the word die, I was unable to place the panel on the edge of the card as Adriana did, so I moved it to the top corner instead.  Die cut letters (Top Dog Dies) were added to complete each sentiment and two turquoise gems were added at the bottom. I couldn't decide whether I liked the ghost image or the stamped image best, so I made a card with each of them. (An added thanks goes out to Karen Dunbrook for inspiring me to try new techniques!)


Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: