Saturday, August 4, 2018

Day One of Dare To Get Dirty Challenges!

Hi, everyone!  Today was the first day of my favorite stamping event of the year....the Dare To Get Dirty challenges over at Splitcoast, which is a week long event for Fan Club members only.  There are five to six challenges per day and my first day was a success because I was able to create six cards!!!  The challenge details are a secret, but I will share how each card was made.

My first card is for the DTGD18understandblueA challenge.  The background was created by saturating watercolor paper with water, then adding dabs of color with a large paintbrush.  After the panel was dry, it was cut with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Squares Dies set, then each color section was outlined with a journal pen.  Though my inks ended up much lighter than I had planned, the browns and greens still reminded me of camouflage, so I stamped and watercolored the 'Hunting Buford' image from North Coast Creations.  The sentiment is from another NCC set, 'Find Beauty'.  Olive baker's twine and green metallic dots were added for embellishments.

NCC Hunting Buford, NCC Find Beauty, ODBD Custom Double Stitched Squares Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Next up is a quick Clean and Simple card which I made for the DTGD18dini challenge.  I cut a piece of scratch paper the same size as the card base, then die cut a large circle out of it.  Temporary adhesive was added and the scratch paper was adhered to the card base as a reverse mask in order to ink the circular scene within. Before sponging, the palm trees from 'Bon Voyage' were stamped with Stazon Jet Black.  Since my stamped image did not reach the edges of the circle, another piece of scratch paper was cut with a curve so that the bottom of the circle could be inked in black. A small circle was placed as a mask to create the sun area.   After sponging the pink and yellow sky, the small circle mask was removed and yellow was lightly sponged in the sun area.  The large mask was removed and the scripture verse was stamped in the corner.  Hot pink pearls were added as the only embellishments.

ODBD Bon Voyage, ODBD Custom Circles Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Next up is a quick Thanksgiving card which I made for the DTGD18JeanneS challenge.  I used the ODBD Custom Stitched Leaves Dies with red, rust, and mustard cardstock.  Once the leaves were cut out, each was inked on the edges, along with the card base which was also sponged.  The sentiment is from 'Thankful Song'.  The only embellishment added was some linen thread.

ODBD Thankful Song, ODBD Custom Stitched Leaves Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

My next card was created for the DTGD18JBgreendawn challenge.  I happened to find this card base today which already had the image stamped and the blue sponged around it.  I wanted to finish it with a soft look, so the calla lily was colored with yellow and olive chalk pastels.  The image and sentiment are from 'Loving Memories' by Our Daily Bread designs.

ODBD Loving Memories, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Next up is a card created for the DTGD18MaryR917 challenge.  For this card, I let the designer paper do most of the work for me.  I took a 6 x 6 design from the ODBD By The Shore Paper Collection, then trimmed around the sand dune and surf boards to make it small enough to fit on an A2 card without cutting away the sun rays in the corner.  Once the two pieces were adhered together, the panel was cut out with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies set.  A sentiment from the 'Aloha' set was stamped, then three aqua sequins were added for embellishments.

ODBD Aloha, ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies, ODBD By The Shore Paper Collection, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Last but not least is a card I made for the DTGD18justwritedesignsA challenge. For this card, I have used the following items from ODBD: 'Walk With Jesus', 'Life Is Better', ODBD Custom Pierced Squares Dies, ODBD Custom Flip Flop Border Die.  This card was actually inspired by the row of flip flops which were stamped on a piece of scratch paper over a year ago.  While recently cleaning my craft room, I came across this paper and decided it was too cute to throw it away.

ODBD Walk With Jesus, ODBD Life Is Better, ODBD Custom Flip Flop Border Die, ODBD Custom Pierced Squares Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting today!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: