Sunday, July 8, 2018

Cling Wrap Sunset

Fall Tablescape by A Beautiful Mess
Hi, everyone!  This week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Mary aka redi2stamp...congrats, Mary!  For my card, I chose to case the layered layout from this beautiful silhouette card from Mary's gallery and have combined this challenge with this week's Friday Free4All Challenge and the Inspiration Challenge.  The Friday Free4All Challenge was to use cling wrap techniques and though I did not stamp on Friday, I couldn't get cling wrap off of my mind.  When I saw this gorgeous pink and orange table setting on 'A Beautiful Mess' on Saturday, I decided that I would use these colors with some cling wrap to 'stamp' a background!  For my card, a piece of cling wrap was crumpled up and used to dab tangerine and melon ink onto white cardstock.  the panel was cut with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rounded Rectangles Dies and the shaped card base was cut with the ODBD Custom Rounded Rectangles Dies.  An oval was cut out from the inked panel with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Ovals Dies, then the large silhouette from 'Bon Voyage' was stamped in black and a partial circle was sponged for the sunset.  (A black journal pen was used to color in the stitches at the bottom.) Instead of a sentiment panel like Mary's card, I cut the 'Dream' sentiment three times from the ODBD Custom Inspiration Words Dies set and layered them at the bottom. The top looked a bit bare so I added some tangerine ribbon.

ODBD Bon Voyage, ODBD Custom Inspiration Words Dies, ODBD Custom Double Stitched Ovals Dies, ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rounded Rectangles Dies, ODBD Custom Rounded Rectangles Dies, ODBD Custom Circles Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting!!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a fun card Angie - love your background and the layers and silhouettes are so dramatic against it.
Blessings
Maxine