Saturday, July 29, 2017

Sea Turtle Inspiration

Hi, everyone!  This week's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to find inspiration from a Rock Art Pinterest Board.....it was so tough to choose, but I finally settled on this awesome photo!  I bought this cool sea turtle stamp by Gray Wolf Graphics several months ago at the Indy stamp show and haven't had a chance to use it.  I dug through my box of misc stamps and found this Hero Arts sentiment which I haven't used in years.  I started by stamping the turtle in Brilliant Blue on a panel cut with the ODBD Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies; stamped it again on scratch paper to make a mask, and again on white cardstock so the shell could be cut out and popped up.  After masking the turtle, I used a stencil to create the background around it.  For the bottom panel, I inked up an embossing folder and used it as a stamp for a subtle swirly look without being too busy.  Along with the Inspiration Challenge, I will be submitting this to the DTGD17JustWriteDesigns challenge.  All of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges' details are a secret, unless you are a Fan Club member!!

Our Daily Bread designs Pierced Rectangles Dies, Sea Turtle by Gray Wolf Graphics, Sentiment from Hero Arts, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Angella - love the raised shell on the turtle - a fabulous detail
Blessings
Maxine