Sunday, November 6, 2016

Faux Wood Birthday Wishes

Hi, everyone!  This week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Holly Brown aka hbrown...congrats, Holly!  I chose this awesome masculine card to recreate using the following items from Our Daily Bread designs: 'Living Water' stamp set, ODBD Custom Double Stitched Circles Dies, and the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies.  Instead of the crumpled background technique, I used the Faux Wood technique to create the background panel....started with mustard cardstock and swiped two different brown ink pads directly across the cardstock.  I also loved the interesting ribbon treatment of Holly's card, so I was happy to give it a try; I used a small circle punch at first for the ribbon slots, but the ribbon wouldn't cooperate, so I punched around the circles with a small square punch.  This will be a birthday card for my boss next week.

ODBD Living Water, ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies, ODBD Custom Double Stitched Circles Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: