Friday, October 9, 2015

The Cat's Meow

Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge 561
Happy Friday, everyone! My card today was inspired by three different challenges at Splitcoast this week: Sketch Challenge 561 (photo to the left), the Ways To Use It 'Cat' Challenge, and the Friday Free4All Challenge to use two shades of purple....I used Almost Amethyst (retired) and Wisteria Wonder. This is a birthday card for yet another niece who loves purple! (It's a good thing that I love purple since my family is full of purple lovers!!) I used the 'The Cat's Meow' set by Our Daily Bread designs, the ODBD Custom 'Fence' Die, the ODBD Custom 'Pennants' Dies set for the sentiment panel, plus created a cloud stencil from the ODBD Custom 'Clouds and Raindrops' Dies.  I wanted a soft color for the Kitty, so I colored the eyes and nose, then used a glaze pen over them for a resist effect, then sponged gray over all and wisteria on the edges of the fussy cut cat.  There is a custom die set available, but I forgot to order it...duh! :)

ODBD The Cat's Meow, ODBD Custom Fence Die, ODBD Custom Pennants Dies, ODBD Custom Clouds and Raindrops Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: