Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bluebirds and Butterflies

Hi, everyone!!  This week's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to choose one of the scrumptious color combinations from the Color Inspirations Pinterest board which was pinned by Michael's Stores.....I fell in love with the soft colors from this combination. My card design was inspired by this gorgeous card by this week's Featured Stamper, Brenda aka tessaduck....congrats, Brenda!!  This is my first try with the inlaid die-cut technique, where several die cuts cut into each other for an overlap effect.  I used the ODBD Custom 'Trois Papillons' Dies to cut the shapes from the cantaloupe cardstock.  The 'Belles Vignes' background was white embossed, cut out with the same dies, then sponged in cantaloupe, rose and plum.  The 3d butterfly was white embossed using the matching 'Trois Jolie Papillons' set and sponged in the same colors. The sentiment from 'Life is a Gift' was also embossed in white, taking care to not leave any white speckles on the cantaloupe background.

ODBD Belles Vignes, ODBD Trois Jolie Papillons, ODBD Custom Trois Papillons Dies, ODBD Life is a Gift, Card Designer Angie Crockett

I loved Brenda's gallery so much, that I had to go back for seconds.  I loved this adorable birdie card with the sponged background and one of my fave sentiments.  For the background, I decided to use a stencil which I bought several months ago, but had not tried yet.  The bird and sentiment are from 'Spread Your Wings' and the birdie was cut out with the ODBD Custom 'Birds and Nest' Dies.

ODBD Spread Your Wings, ODBD Custom Birds and Nest Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!!

God bless!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett