Sunday, April 26, 2015

Shabby Showers

Hi, everyone!  Our cruise vacation was a blast (will share some photos soon), but now I've got some stamping to catch up on!  For this card, I've combined quite a few challenges from the past week at Splitcoast:
Inspiration Challenge: I chose the top postage stamp from this photo;
Technique Lover's 'Line Up' Challenge:  doodle by hand or draw lines around your image;
Clean and Simple 'April Showers' Challenge:  baby or bridal showers, rain showers, etc.;
Color Challenge of Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette, and Sahara Sand;
Featured Stamper Challenge: belated congrats to Mary Johnson aka maryj68....I chose this beautiful card from her gallery to recreate.
I will also submit this to the Shining the Light 'April Showers Inspiration' Challenge over at the Our Daily Bread designs Blog. 

Since I have no Wild Wasabi, I started off with some Prima papers from my stash which had both green and pink for the color challenge, for the background and the sections of the umbrella.  The sentiment is from 'Shower of Blessings'.  The umbrella and (lots of) pink hearts were cut out with the ODBD Custom Umbrellas Dies, the pink borders were cut out with the ODBD Custom Beautiful Borders Dies. The edges were sponged with Sahara Sand, then hand-doodled. Lining up the tiny pink hearts took a little while, and though they are a bit crooked, I just had to follow the theme from Mary's card.

ODBD Custom Umbrellas Dies, ODBD Shower of Blessings, ODBD Custom Beautiful Borders Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

My second card is also for the Inspiration Challenge......I chose this gorgeous Amethyst stamp for my inspiration.  The shaped card was cut out with the awesome new ODBD Custom 'Layered Lacey Squares' Dies, layered with the Romantic Floral Designs frame cut out with SB Labels 26 dies, stamped in lavender,  and lyric from 'How Great Thou Art' stamped in eggplant.  The floral spray was cut from the ODBD Custom 'Fancy Foliage' Dies and ODBD Custom 'Ornamental Crosses' Dies.  Note:  the three shades of purple did not photograph well.....they look much better in the real. 

ODBD Custom Layered Lacey Squares Dies, ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Dies, ODBD Custom Ornamental Crosses Dies, ODBD Romantic Floral Designs, ODBD How Great Thou Art, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett


No comments: