Friday, August 8, 2014

Quilted Hearts Shaker Card

Happy Friday, everyone!!  For my card today, I have combined the Friday Free4All Challenge (to use stripes...I used an embossing folder) plus five Dare To Get Dirty Challenges as well.  Though this took several hours to make, it was super fun.....I haven't made a shaker card in a while!  All of the hearts were cut out with the ODBD Custom Ornate Hearts Die Set.  The designer paper used for the small hearts is from the ODBD 'Heart and Soul Collection'.  After cutting out the hearts for the inner quilt pattern, the leftover strip of designer paper was so cool that I just had to incorporate it, so I layered it onto a wide piece of pink satin ribbon, then layered some smaller cut hearts in the center.  For the shaker part, I traced the large die onto a piece of acetate, then trimmed it down by hand, adhered it with Scor-tape to the top frame, then added two layers of foam tape around the heart (it takes two layers in order for the beads to be able to move around.)  The sentiment is from 'Little Girls', also by Our Daily Bread designs. A couple of pink pearls were added, plus a small pink bow, tied with a Bow Easy.

ODBD Little Girls, ODBD Ornate Hearts Dies, ODBD Heart and Soul Designer Paper Collection, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!!

Have a fabulous weekend!!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: