Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hope Anchors the Soul

Splitcoast Stampers Sketch 499
Hello there!! I'm back with another Sneak Peek.....can't get enough of the new stamps from Our Daily Bread designs!!! This card features the new "Anchor for the Soul" set, which will be available on August 1st....only two sleeps away!! :)

I used the Sketch Challenge from Splitcoast for the layout.  The image was stamped in Stazon Jet Black, then colored with markers and sponges.  I cut out a mask to cover the image while I sponged the background scene over pieces of scratch paper.  For the #2 panel, I cut a piece of burlap ribbon in half, frayed the edges, then used the leftover strings to stretch across the image and tie in the button.  This is a birthday card for a co-worker....his fave color is navy blue, so I designed the card around that.

I will be submitting this to the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge, for sponging or stenciling....you still have a few more days to enter!!!

ODBD Anchor for the Soul, Card Designer Angie Crockett

I'll probably see you again tomorrow with one more sneak peek before the release on Friday!!!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

4 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Angie, I saw this on SC! I just love the coloring of your scene, your layering of sponging and your take on the sketch!! Stunning work my friend!! Thanks so much for supporting the Shining the Light challenge. It means so much to have you share a sample and supporting the challenge team!!
hugs!!
Chris

Anonymous said...

this card is awesome!!! Can you share with me how u made it??? Jeanne

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Angie, this is gorgeous! I LOVE your sponging and the beautiful beach scene you've created! And anchor and this wonderful Scripture verse are fabulous! I really love the burlap and the strip from it you've used to add the button! So clever! And it's so nice to have you join in with us to support the challenge team for this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge, sweet friend! Hugs!

Alshandra said...

Angie this is such a gorgeous card! I love the layers of colour and how you coloured the anchor image. And I love the burlap! Such a gorgeous card! And thanks so much for supporting us in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Elizabeth