Friday, June 13, 2014

Iris Ribbon Embroidery

Happy Friday, everyone!! Today's Friday Free4All Challenge over at Splitcoast is based on your other talents other than paper crafting. Before I found stamping, I used to cross-stitch all the time. I still have many unfinished pieces.....I'll get back to them one of these days! :)

This decorated box is from a 'Ribbon Embroidery' kit I bought at JoAnn's many years ago on clearance....I now wish I would have bought several, but I was a bit intimidated at the time since I had never done this before. To me, this was very similar to cross stitch, but using satin ribbon instead of thread. The kit came with the round plastic gift box on which the embroidered fabric was adhered with a glue gun, plus a strip of lace to pretty up the border. Now I have to figure out if I will keep this for myself or give it as a gift!!



Thanks for visiting today!

Blessings,

No comments: