Saturday, June 21, 2014

ATC Inspiration x 2!

Hi, everyone!!  Happy Saturday!!  Saturday morning is my fave time to stamp and this week's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast was just what I needed to get my gears turning.  There were so many interesting ATC's to choose from the gallery at the ATC's For All site, so I made two cards with two totally different styles.  First, I chose this beautiful vintage Iris ATC (Artist Trading Card) and re-created an ATC sized panel as close to the original as I could....I was lucky enough to have the same woven trim in my stash....yay!!  I didn't have a script-type background stamp so I used a partial piece of a pattern from the "Blushing Rose Designer Paper Collection" by Our Daily Bread designs, along with the sentiment and image from the "Iris" set.  The iris was stamped, colored with markers, then fussy cut and adhered to the script background.

ODBD Iris, Blushing Rose Designer Paper Collection, Card Designer Angie Crockett

My second card was inspired by this rainbow colored ATC.  The sentiment panel was cut to ATC size (2-1/2 x 3-1/2) then was colored with sponge daubers and ink pads, stamped with the sentiment from the ODBD "Sentiments Collection 2" set, matted, paper pierced, then I sprayed Pearl Glimmer Mist point blank in order to create a splotchy, mottled look.....hard to see in the photo. It was then popped up with foam tape and some "Rain Dots" were added on the corners. (The Rain Dots have been in my stash for about five years....bought them in Pigeon Forge at the Scrapbook Superstore when I was on vacation.)

ODBD Sentiments Collection 2, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting with me today!

Have a blessed weekend!!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a fun challenge to use ATC's. Two wonderful cards, so different from each other. That iris card is beautifully done, my friend! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!