Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Wind and the Sea

Hi, everyone!  Another frigid day with light snow here in Indiana, so it's stamping time for me!  Today's Inspiration Challenge is to choose an item from Bed, Bath and Beyond for inspiration.  I needed to make a couple of masculine birthday cards and was looking for a color combination......this awesome painting with gray and brown tones really did the trick!  My card design is based on this beautiful card by Sherry Kushibab aka Kushabella, who was this week's Featured Stamper.....congrats, Sherry!!!  I used the same set, "The Waves on the Sea", by Our Daily Bread designs, for the image, but left the card base plain so that I could stamp on it.  The angled panel was stamped with the Fishing Net Background, also from ODBD.  Since I didn't have any charms, I used an anchor die cut from a Spellbinders set.  I liked Sherry's card so much that I made two cards exactly the same since the recipients do not know each other. :)

ODBD The Waves on the Sea, Fishing Net Background, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting with me today!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett


3 comments:

LLK said...

Perfect 'man card' !! The boat image is wonderful with it's forward motion. Love it, Angie!

Lyn said...

Love this very much so hard for me when it comes to making cards for the guys

Mieke'S said...

Beautiful card!
Greetings Mieke'S