Thursday, May 9, 2013

Serenity

Hi, everyone!  I used the  Shining The Light S-P-R-I-N-G Word challenge over at the Our Daily Bread designs Blog (S=shaped card, P=Paper Piercing, R=rounded edges, I=Ink, N=Nautical, G = 'Guy Card' to create a birthday card for my hubby's uncle. The general layout is from the Sketch Challenge at Splitcoast and I have also used the Ways To Use It Challenge which is to "Discover It".....I believe this is the first time I have used this color combo....baby blue and Antique Linen....I wasn't sure about it when I started, but I'm pretty pleased at how it turned out!

ODBD "The Waves On The Sea" and "Fishing Net Background" Designer Angie Crockett

The card base and main panel were cut out using Spellbinders Labels Eight and the side panels were cut with Labels One.  The stamps I have used are "The Waves On The Sea" and "Fishing Net Background" by Our Daily Bread designs.....I am in LOVE with these new sets!!

On the back of the card, I stamped the "Swirly Bird Mini" stamp and signed my name.  Our Daily Bread designs now has a large collection of "Stamped By" stamps using some images from past sets, plus several new images too!! 

ODBD Swirly Bird Mini

Thanks for visiting today!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

4 comments:

Mary B. said...

What a stunning card. I like the layout and how you used the net stamp.. tnis is a really neat card. Love it.

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!Love the design of your card!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Angie, I saw this stunning creation on SC!! I just love your soft colors and your color combo!! Your shape, piercing, use of stamps on each panel and your added twine are perfect!! Thanks for making a sample and promoting the Shining the Light challenge. You are always such an inspiration!!
hugs,
Chris

Cards By Jan said...

Wow...beautiful card Angie...I love this new set, and especially the netting!! Awesome!!
Hugs