Monday, May 27, 2013

Proud to be an American (ODBD Sneak Peek!)

Hi, everyone!  This week's Clean and Simple Challenge over at Splitcoast is to feature feathers on your clean and simple card....I hope that it's okay that my feathers are attached to an eagle!  This is a perfect opportunity to share a sneak peek of another June 1st release by Our Daily Bread designs, called "Home of the Free".  The die cuts are from the ODBD Exclusive "Elegant Ovals" die set.  After embossing the middle section of my card with the stars, I scored lines above and below with my Scor-buddy to give it a finished look without causing the design to be too busy.  I chose not to use ribbon for the same reason.  In this case, I felt that less was more.

ODBD "Home of the Free" Card Designer Angie Crockett

I will also be submitting this card in the CAS-usual Fridays "Red, White, and Blue" Challenge and the Pink Elephant "Stars and Stripes" challenge.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

Blessings,

ODBD  Card Designer Angie Crockett

7 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image and fabulous embossed background! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful patriotic card! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

Kelley said...

Ang, LOVE this card! Your feathers are perfect!!!

Grace said...

This is so cool Angie! Love the bg you created.... the perfect backdrop to focus the eyes on the awesome image and sentiment! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
hugs,
Grace

Marlena M. said...

Angie, this is BEAUTIFUL!

Jingle said...

This is beautiful! Wow! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Angie!! I just love your piercing, your use of dp and your coloring of the eagle is spot on!! Gorgeous my friend!!
hugs,
Chris