Saturday, June 23, 2012

Special Blend


Happy Saturday, everyone!  Today I would like to share a fun birthday card I made this morning, while using several challenges.  The Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to choose an item from the My Sweet Muffin store (kid's stuff)......I chose this adorable tea set as my inspiration so that I could open up my new 6x6 pad of Bo Bunny "Little Miss" designer paper which I received in the mail yesterday! The "Special Blend" set by Our Daily Bread designs was a perfect match!!


The doily image  and sentiment from the "Special Blend" set were stamped onto vanilla cardstock, then I cut the doily out.  I wanted to "stencil" the inside of the doily but not the outside lace, so I stamped the doily onto a piece of scratch paper (below), cut out the inside section with my craft knife, laid the mask over my vanilla piece, and sponged with pink ink and a sponge dauber.


Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Special Blend';
Cardstock: Stampin Up Old Olive and Very Vanilla;
Designer Paper: Bo Bunny 'Little Miss';
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown, Stampin Up Early Espresso (sponged edges), and Pink Pirouette;
Accessories: Zva Creative Pearls, Spellbinders Mega Scalloped Ovals and Romantic Rectangles dies, Craft Knife, Crocheted Lace, Paper Piercer and Template, 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist, sponge daubers, foam tape;
Size: 5-1/2 x 5-1/2.

Note: The three little tea cups were cut out from the designer paper....aren't they cute?! :)


I will also be submitting to the following challenges:
The layout design of my card is from this week's Sketch Challenge over at The Sweet Stop;
Daring Cardmakers: Anything Sweet (I love my tea sweet!!!!);
Paper Play: Use a Die;
Fab N Funky: Polka Dots;
Friday Free4All at Splitcoast: Paper Piercing.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a very blessed weekend!!

11 comments:

Annie Claxton said...

Love all the details and vintage colours

Pat said...

Lovely card, great quote and super bp. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Céline said...

gorgeous, love the papers
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline

Natalie said...

Very pretty card, love the cut out cups, that was a fun idea!! Very sweet. {hugs}

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card...so many neat details...really like the way you did the doily!

Mynn xx said...

This is just gorgeous! LOVE the way you made the frame for your sentiment--and your papers go so nicely together! Fabulous card! :)

Cathymac said...

LOVE the vintage papers, doilies, and lace, Angie! The sentiment font and verse is a perfect match for the lovely teacups! Beautiful composition! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Angie. Love the papers, the frame and words... the little tea pots look great along the lace edge. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Lovely card, and I love that text. Thanks for joining in with my dare this week over at The Daring Cardmakers x

Unknown said...

Simply Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Play this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Jonia said...

Oh my goodness Angie, what beautiful work as always. I miss seeing this work and need to stop by your blog more often. Love the little tea cups and the paper is awesome. Love you sista!