Friday, June 8, 2012

I Dig You!


Happy Friday, everyone!  This is a fun card I made for my adorable little cousin's birthday.  Though I usually use stamps by Our Daily Bread designs for most of my projects, I just had to ink up this "I Dig You" set by Stampin Up....perfect for any little boy's birthday (since he hasn't discovered dinosaurs yet!!)

For the scene, the backhoe stamp was inked in yellow, then I outlined each section and the edges of the inked stamp with a brown marker before stamping, in order to give the image more definition.  You may have to click on the photo to see it close up.


I have used a few challenges in the making of this card:
Over at Splitcoast, the newly crowned Queen For The Day is Taylor Usry.....yay, Taylor!!!!  Though her entire gallery is amazing and full of creativity, I have always loved her clean and simple designs, so I chose this one to re-create;
Also at Splitcoast this week is the Ways To Use It "Banner" Challenge, so I cut out my sentiment with the Stampin Up Word Window Punch, then cut the banner from one end;
One more challenge from Splitcoast....the Color Challenge this week is bright yellow, aqua, and celery.....my designer paper has only one stripe of green, but I think it still qualifies!


Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Stampin Up 'I Dig You' and 'Itty Bitty Backgrounds' (dirt speckles);
Cardstock: Stampin up Marina Mist and Whisper White;
Designer Paper: Basic Grey 'Life of the Party';
Ink: Stampin Up Summer Sun, Crumb Cake, Bashful blue (clouds);
Accessories: Stampin Up Linen Thread and Corduroy Button, Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities, Scratch Paper (for masking, to sponge the dirt), Foam tape, Sponge Daubers;
Size: A2.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful, blessed weekend!!!



1 comment:

Natalie said...

Cute card, Angie! My little Jakob would love this card.