Sunday, October 30, 2011

Autumn Door with Flower Soft

What a gorgeous fall day we are having today in Indiana! Some areas, like the famous Parke County, have been without color for several weeks, but my neighborhood is glowing!!!! This is a photo of a small portion of my back yard. Raking and mulching is not much fun, but the colors sure are a treat for the eyes!!!

Today I would like to share a card I made for my Mother-in-law's birthday. Before making any cards for my family, I always ask if there are any special requests.....this year, she asked for fall colors, so I was happy to make it so!

I've been trying to do more clean and simple designs, both for the sake of time and to save on products used, so I was thrilled to see this week's Feature Stamper Challenge at Splitcoast to help me out with ideas for this card. Michelle Pearson, aka istamp31, is the featured artist and wow, you should see her amazing gallery!!! I am casing this gorgeous card because of the clean layout...isn't her coloring perfect?! Congrats, Michelle....enjoy your special week!



This image and scripture verse are from the "Christmas Door" set by Our Daily Bread designs. I LOVE the versatility of ODBD stamps......most of them you can make work for whatever occasion you wish. I colored the door with Stampin Up markers, then added "Autumn" Flower Soft to create a fall colored garland instead of holly.



Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Christmas Door';
Cardstock: SU Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White;
Designer Paper: Basic Grey 'Indian Summer';
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, SU Markers: Cajun Craze, So Saffron, Pear Pizazz, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Ink pad;
Accessories: Bow Easy, SU Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon, May Arts Crocheted Lace, Zva Creative pearls, Paper piercer and template, 'Autumn' Flower Soft.
Size: 5-1/2 square.




Thanks for stopping by for a visit! God's blessings to you!!!


No comments: