Sunday, June 12, 2011

Live Every Day To The Fullest!!!


Hi everyone! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend! I've been having fun in my stamp room since it's been so hot outside, but today in Indiana, it's much cooler and gorgeous outside....the swing in the back yard is calling my name!!!

Today I would like to share a quick birthday card I made lastnight for my brother-in-law. I used to struggle with masculine cards, but Our Daily Bread designs has released so many masculine sets in the past year that I have many options to choose from....yay!!


I started out by stamping the clock image from the ODBD set, "Time", in Cajun Craze (stamped off first on scratch paper for a lighter image), then overstamped in Stazon Timber Brown ink with the "Each Minute" single stamp, also by ODBD. I cut out the clock, sponged the edges heavily with SU Early Espresso, pierced around the circle freehand, then popped up over the dry embossed panel, which was sponged and pierced as well. Added some brass brads and twill and it's ready to go!

Card ingredients:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Time' and 'Each Minute';
Cardstock: SU Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White;
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown, SU Cajun Craze and Early Espresso;
Accessories: May Arts Twill Ribbon, Brass Brads, Clockworks Embossing Folder by Cuttlebug, paper piercer and template, sponge daubers;
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Clean and Simple, Paper Piercing;
Size: A2.



This week's Wednesday Case Artist over at Christian Paper Crafts is Maxine from New Zealand.....congrats, Maxine!!! Check out her blog, Kiwime's Kreations.....Maxine is a dear Christian lady and a talented paper-crafter as well. I chose this gorgeous card to re-create because of the gorgeous embossed background and great clean and simple layout. Thanks for the inspiration, Maxine!!

I have also used the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast to help design this card. I chose this room from the Dali Decals site.....as soon as I saw the colors and the gears and cogs, I knew exactly what to make!!

Thanks for stopping by today! Stay tuned tomorrow for my sneak peek (and a fun tutorial) of the Christian Paper Crafts Design Team Delights Gallery which opens on June 15th!

God's blessings to you!

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

The stamped clock face on the embossed background looks fabulous! Love this card, Angela!