Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday Throwdown Pocket Card Challenge!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Time for another fun Tuesday Throwdown challenge! This week's challenge theme is POCKET CARDS! This week's sponsor is Cindy Etchtinaw, who has just started a brand new company, StampingScrapping.com! Cindy is generously offering a $20.00 gift certificate to her store.....she carries all of the latest and greatest....you'll have to check it out!

For my sample today, I have used the "Butterfly Corner" stamp and a scripture verse from "Scripture Series 1", both from Our Daily Bread designs. My room is a disaster right now, so I couldn't locate the "Butterfly Single" stamp and "Butterfly Die" which coordinate with the corner, so darn, I had to cut the butterfly out by hand! :) The butterfly and flowers were colored with a sponge dauber and the greenery was colored with a marker. The tag was made with a Spellbinders Labels Eleven die. The corner image panel was cut out and popped up with foam tape so that the tag can slide under.





I have also incorporated the following challenges in the making of this card:
Incy Wincy: At least two coloring mediums.....I used sponges with ink pads and markers;
Splitcoast's Clean and Simple Challenge is a sketch based on this awesome card by NancyK....thought the Butterfly Corner stamp from Our Daily Bread designs would work perfectly, especially since I needed some sort of pocket!! It's a win-win!!;
Our Creative Corner: Cut It Out;
Paper Cutz: stamped butterfly, ladybug, or bee;
Splitcoast Color Challenge: Yellow, blue, green.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! God Bless!

12 comments:

Natalie said...

Love your pocket card!! Gorgeous Angie! I finally swept my craftroom and can now find the floor ;-) It's been a crazy few days hasn't it?!!

Sarah said...

Angie, this is a just beautifully done! We had such a gray day here today, and your card was like a spring breeze.

I wanted to pass along a Stylish Blogger Award to you! I so appreciate all of the comments you've left for me and encouragement. Have a great evening!

http://handmadewithlovebysarah.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

Lori Rider said...

This is beautiful - I love the butterfly and your fabulous colors and gorgeous sentiment! It's a stunning pocket card. Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC!

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the butterfly. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.

Nikki F x

Grace said...

Oh Angie... I love that you used this verse with this image... gorgeous in every way!

Davi said...

Angie I love your pocket card! It is so sunny and those flowers and butterfly are so right with the scripture!! BEAUTIFUL!!

Diane Gilbert said...

What a pretty card! Makes me feel as though I'm standing on a sunny slope of flowers!Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so cool - I feel like I could just walk off into that green meadow. Beautifully done - your coloring is sensational and I love the clouds. Terrific job on the Cut it Out challenge. So happy you joined our challenge again this week at our Creative Corner.

Lauren said...

This is adorable! I love the corner pocket and the beautiful image!

Lauren

Sharon Wheet said...

Angella, I just wanted to drop you a note, to let you know that your card is beautiful! REally! I love the coloring with markers and stamp pad. I love how you popped up the corner to lift the flowers off the page. The sentiment is sooo true! and everything coordinates! Great job!
Thank you for playing along in our challenge over at OCC, and I hope that we see more of your beautiful work!

Sharon Wheet said...

Angella, I just wanted to drop you a note, to let you know that your card is beautiful! REally! I love the coloring with markers and stamp pad. I love how you popped up the corner to lift the flowers off the page. The sentiment is sooo true! and everything coordinates! Great job!
Thank you for playing along in our challenge over at OCC, and I hope that we see more of your beautiful work!

Kim said...

So beautiful and springy. I love the sentiment on the tag and beautiful coloring.