Monday, July 5, 2010

"Bless This House"


My hubby's grandmother.....you've seen her before as "Biker Granny"on this previous post...just received some great news this week that her home is paid for.....what a relief this news would be to anyone! So, I thought she would love a happy card to help celebrate her mortgage freedom!!! She loves everything pink, so pink it is!!!




This week's Technique Lover's Challenge is to make your own flowers....finally I have the chance to break out my new Cuttlebug Quilling Sets!!! This week's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast is to choose an item from Oompa....the most fun and awesome kid's store! I chose this Little Horse Carpet, because I just fell in love with the bright colors! Also, this past week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Charlene aka cookiebaker.....what an awesome gallery to cruise through!!! I chose this card to case because I loved the CAS design......perfect to break out a new Our Daily Bread designs set, called "Bless This Home". I have also used the following challenges for my cottage card: Sentimental Sundays challenge is about celebrations; the All Sorts challenge is to create a scene; the Etsy Inspired Challenge was to choose an item from the Kimmieprout store...I chose these fun pink buttons; the Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge is to use die cuts (quilled flower); the Magical Crafts Challenge is "Flower Power"; the challenge at Crazy Challenges is "up in the air", so I sponged some clouds; the Pile it On Challenge is to use your favorite things....paper piercing and pearls are definitely my faves!!!

My second card is a quick card I made for my bosses' birthday. I was so happy to have a vision of a clean and simple card for once....my aching back thanked me for this one!!!! I was also happy to be able to squeeze in a few challenges for this as well!!



This week's Color Monday Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts is to use celery and brown....hopefully black is considered a neutral! Also, the Clean and Simple Challenge at Splitcoast is all about Celebrations and to choose an awesome cake from Carrie's Wedding Cakes.....I chose the "Jessica" cake as my inspiration. Since this is a "guy card", I didn't add the polka dots!!! The Paper Playtime challenge is "It's a Guy Thing". It's been a while since I've used any Stampin' Up stamps....they are getting a bit dusty.....had to break out one of my faves, "Lovely As A Tree", which is always a good one for masculine cards. (Sorry, I didn't take the time to find the box belonging to the sentiment to see what the name was.)

Thanks for stopping by today! See you on Thursday right here for another Bible Verse Thursday challenge combined with a new Stamping in Time: On Assignment challenge!! God Bless!


21 comments:

Grace said...

BEE-U-TEE-FUL Angie! Love them both! Love the pink cottage and I know grandma will too! Love that quilled flower!!! Glad you got some stampin time in this week!
Hugs,
Grace

Tenia Nelson said...

What wonderful cards!!!!!!

SmilynStef said...

What a great reason to celebrate ... love that bright cloudy sky ... wonderful inspired card.

de said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing EIC this week!

Lisa said...

These cards are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Playtime this week!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Both of these cards are just beautiful and the coloring is amazing!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Crafting Queen said...

Two beautiful card, love the second one and great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Sarah said...

Beautiful cards, I love the flower on the first card, it's gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at MCFC, good luck in the draw xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous, I love how you have doen your clouds they look fab
Thanks for joining us at 'The Crazy', this week!!
hugs shell xxx

Janis Lewis said...

Thank you for submitting a beautiful card for our Paper Playtime challenge this week! Your boss will love it. Also, thanks for leaving a comment. I'm trying to figure out why the comments aren't posting. If you don't mind, would you leave your comment again? I think I may have fixed it, but can't make your comment repost myself. Have a Blessed Day! :) Janis

Francie G. said...

Just beautiful, Angie! Fabulous coloring and details!

Bonita Rose said...

such a beautiful card.. tks for playing along with us at SENTIMENTAL SUNDAYS this week, good luck! xo bonnierose

brenda said...

Hi Angella

Two wonderful cards. I see you have one of those Cuttlebug flower quilling sets, arent they great.

Thank you for joining in my create a scene theme this week at Allsorts and good luck.

B x

Virginia L. said...

Both are FABULOUS! Glad that you can join the fun with us at EI challenge!

Unknown said...

both cards are very pretty, love them!!! thanks so much for playing along with the crazy girls.
Trish

Dorcas said...

WOW! These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Ashley Newell said...

These cards are gorgeous! I love your colors! Thanks so much for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week, it means a lot to me!

Helen said...

Beautiful cards!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Nana said...

Gorgeous set of cards! Love them both.
Thank you for joining us at "Crazy challenge" and "PIO" this week!
hugs Nana

Мързеланче said...

WOW!!!FABULOUS!!! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week.

Maria Matter said...

Angie, your cards are so beautifully designed! You have great style!!
I'm so glad you played along with us @ Paper Playtime!
I hope you'll join us in our Bubble challenge this week too!
blessings!