Friday, February 12, 2010

Southwest Birthday


Are "guy cards" tricky for you too? I needed a birthday card for my step-dad today, and really struggled, even using challenges to help me with ideas! I have used four challenges from Splitcoast this week....yay!! The Ways To Use It challenge was to use odd numbers on your project....I used three images, three pewter star brads, and three strips of poly-twill ribbon. I know...it's kinda weird without a sentiment on the outside, but I just couldn't find anything to work! Wendy's Limited Supply Challenge, to use one of the Presidents as inspiration. Color Challenge, to use Chocolate Chip, Sage, and Rust, with the "dessert" option to use patterns and textures...I used the "Stars" Embossing Folder and some cool retired Southwestern-style SU papers from my stash. (*Disclaimer: No stamps were inked in the making of this card!!) I have also used Roxie's sketch challenge from this week. This is my second attempt....the first one I got a little too "creative" and tweaked it almost beyond recognition!

Thanks for stopping by today!! Have a blessed weekend!!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

No stamps!! Whoa... Angella!! Great masculine card, they are more difficult aren't they? Hope your stepdad has a great birthday!