Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bible Verse Thursday - Coming of Our Savior


This week's Bible Verse Thursday Challenge for Christian Paper Crafts is to do what comes natural this time of year....use a verse about the coming of our Savior. There are so many beautiful songs out, but my fave right now is Francesca Batistelli, called "You're Here"...another wonderful version of Mary and what it must have been like to look into the newborn eyes of your own savior and He who would save the world. I cannot even imagine what that would have been like, can you?

I chose to use Matthew 1:21 from "Christmas Verses" and the poinsettia from "Luke 2:11", both from Our Daily Bread Designs. The designer paper is from SEI, the corners and border were punched with a Martha Stuart Doily Lace border punch, the pearls are from Zva, and I sprayed (a lot) of Pearl Glimmer Mist to finish.

I have also incorporated Gloria's Sketch Tuesday Challenge from CPC this week and Jen's Color Monday Challenge of celery, Christmas Red, and a choice of brown, gray, or black. And finally, this week's challenge at Stamping Sisters In Christ is to use bling.....I used quite a few pearls and about TEN LAYERS of Pearl Glimmer Mist.....you should see the shimmer in person!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!! Many blessings to you!!

9 comments:

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

LOVE your card Angie and you always come up with the best challenges for us that definitely keep me on track and in line when I create to have Jesus at the forefront of everything.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How beautiful this is, Angella! I love the verse, and the addition of the pearls and poinsettia colored so subtly!! Beautiful!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- down to the last detail!

Carol<>< said...

very pretty!

Kelley said...

Wonderful card, Ang! Very glimmery!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Angie!!! I love your layout and the poinsettia in the corner!!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love the poinsettia and the verse.

peggysue said...

I am sure it would be so lovely in person with all the glimmer mist, wow, ten layers. Extra postage I bet. :) Thanks for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week with such a beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Bling it is!!! So lovely and creative. Thanks for sharing with us at SSCC.