Friday, July 3, 2009

"Anyway" Poem by Mother Teresa



Today is a good day! I have a paid holiday from work and I have been catching up on some personal projects, like this one, which is a thank you gift for my in-laws, Danny and Jean. They do so many self-less things for their family, church, and friends. I am so blessed by them personally.....so many people do not get along with their in-laws, but I truly feel like a daughter instead of a daughter-in-law. My hubby and I travel on vacations with them, go out to eat with them often, and love to just sit around and chit-chat. So, I took advantage of the Limited Supply Challenge on Splitcoast today, to use a digital image and die-cuts....no stamping allowed. This "Anyway" poem by Mother Teresa has ALWAYS been a favorite of mine.....this is some of the best advice I have ever read, other than the Bible. I used this poem for this project because I feel that my in-laws have these same qualities.....they never focus on the roadblocks in life, but always look ahead and always treat people good because it's the right thing to do. I hope that I am the same example for someone else one day!
Project details:
Paper is "Madeline" from K & Co.
Poem was printed from my pc onto vellum using French Script font
Die-cut border is Spellbinders Classic Lace Border, stenciled with Always Artichoke and sponged with Close to Cocoa
Pearls are from Hero Arts
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a blessed weekend!!!

4 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is GORGEOUS Angella!! What a blessing you must be to your in-laws too. I'm sure they will treasure this masterpiece as much as you treasure them as family!!

Kathy Jones said...

Once again you have created a stunning masterpiece Angella. This is a perfect example of sheer elegance and I'm sure your in-laws will appreciate and treasure this!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Angella! I love how this turned out, wonderful job.

Kim said...

Gah-jous!! They will LOVE this! And it will be such an encouragement! I love this quote from Mother Teresa! How inspiring she was! ((hugs)) for ya!